Monday, April 23, 2007

Ice, Ice, Baby

One of the things I remembered that would make the whole delivery process go better were "ice chips". Just about everyone I talked to, including the past IEEE Region 6 Director, Evelyn, said don't forget about the ice chips. And I have to agree with them! I must have had four to five "Big Gulp" cup size-fulls of ice chips to eat. And the nurses would continuously get them for me. Okay, I also used it for its intended purpose, to feed Linh since she can't eat anything once she has started the delivery process. Linh didn't care too much for them until the contractions came about a minute apart and she had to push. So when I wasn't feeding Linh ice chips in-between "arrrghhhs", I was eating them. Funny thing is, I always use the ice cubes from our refrigerator and not the "crushed" option... and still do.

No comments: