Monday, April 23, 2007

20th Century... Meet the 21st Century

The worst part of staying at the hospital for four days/three nights was not having internet access. We had to rely on Linh's cousin Vi to send emails to everyone who was invited to the Baby Shower and for our friend Carina to give Vi some pictures of Spencer. However, I was in contact through my cell phone. Yes, you can no longer tell people you actually know an engineer who doesn't own a cell phone. Sorry. So, with one month free of Verizon VCast, I was able to view my emails through Gmail (WAP) and able to send short messages (just the vitals) to people who were on my recently sent contact list since typing up everyone's email address on the number keypad would've taken me forever. So I got the phone the Thursday before the delivery date. To be fair, I had a pay-as-you-go cell phone from Virgin since mid-March which I let die, but this is my first bona fide cell phone, one (free!) that I will have for at least one year. With no newspaper or internet, the cell phone was a life saver. In fact, I have used the video, music, web, personalization (background, ringtone) features and barely have used it to make phone calls.

No comments: