Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My First Blog Post About Spence

Don't look now, here is my first blog entry ever. I would say that the birth of baby Spencer is as good a time as ever to post my thoughts and feelings. And with the amount of time it has taken Scott to get a cell phone, it has taken me just as long to post my thoughts for everyone to read on any type of community blog. To start, I would say that I like little babies as much as I like listening to Mark and Brian argue about basketball on a hot Saturday afternoon. I'd probably prefer the intense high pitch crying of a little baby to hearing those guys chatter back and forth. I don't know why I feel this way, it just is. It's not that I don't think that they're cute and adorable, in fact we all know Spencer is one cute kid! Maybe because they are a bundle of responsibility needing your constant attention or because they are so tiny and fragile. That all is probably true, but I think things are going to change. That was with other people's kids, but now Spencer is my bro's kid, my first nephew in my immediate family so it feels different. He's special and he has brought a lot of joy to my family. Although, it might take a while before I'm insisting to baby sit and change his diapers, you might see, more fantastic pictures of me holding the little guy. For you dream doctors out there, I had a dream that my brother brought over little Spencer to my house, but he wasn't so little anymore, he was like four years old with a big head. I felt saddened because I felt like I missed out on his growing up. So, Spence, sorry about missing your one-month party, Brenda and I will do a better job of visiting. I know she wants to hold him and play with him and I'm starting to feel that way too.

No comments: