Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The waiting game

Hard to believe Baby # 2 (I still left the field blank on the form but I think most of you know what it is going to be -- but gotta see if she looks like the name) is almost here.  For various reasons, our doctor has recommended going the full induction route so this could take a while.  Good news is the hospital has full internet access, which means that I can use my Slingbox (already tested) to watch my DVR if the labor really takes a while to get started.  Thought I had a new ep of Glee, but it's just a repeat.  Bad news is that due to the flu season, it is very unlikely Spencer will get to see Baby # 2 until we get discharged, which is a bummer.  So while last time we basked in the great service and got to stay at the hospital almost five days (I think), now we will be hoping to go home quicker after birth.

I miss having the hospital to ourselves (when Spencer was born, he was the only baby in the maternity ward) but it is quiet.  Then again, it is just 7 am right now.  I do hear a baby crying now and then which makes this more and more real that we will soon be parents of 2 kids.  Two.  And yes, this will be the last.  Kids are too expensive.  I think we had to mortgage Spencer's education to have this one :-)

1 comment:

Vi said...

I'm so excited! Can't wait to meet little ___! Please let us know as soon as you can.